Pages

Saturday 23 March 2013

Flecked Katherine

Hey all,
Hurray for the weekend! I had quite a hectic work week, so I'm so ready to just veg out. How was your week? Get up to anything? I started the week with a night of multitasking bliss. I made awesome chicken wings, made a bunch of earrings, and painted my nails all while watching a hockey game. I'm never really content unless I'm doing two things at once. I need to be able to take something in while I'm churning something out. Keeps my brain balanced or something. I was too tired to do anything nail related last night, so it was a crochet/movie night. I love crafting to movies, it's the coziest thing I can think of. What about you? Are you a crazy multitasker?

Here's my multitasking manicure. It was inspired by a combination I used for my nail polish jewelry.
 Since I was doing so much that night I kept it super simple so I could carry on crafting.


This is two coats of Zoya - Katherine & one coat of Zoya - Maisie
with another coat of Katherine on top.


Katherine is a fantastic eggplant jelly. I don't know if it's my skin tone or the addition of Maisie, 
but Katherine was looking browner than usual.
Maisie is a stunning fleck layering polish that shifts colours with different lighting and angles.
It's so mysterious I love it.


What do you think of Katherine with Maisie?
What colours would you combine Maisie with?



Muse-ic

I just watched a documentary on the Ramones and realized I never really knew anything about them. I have so much more respect for them now. And admiration. Watch End of the Century : The Story of The Ramones. You wont regret it.

The Ramones are pretty special to me because they combine genres that set my heart on fire. The hybrid of rock music and 60's pop. Loud, fast, aggressive. But melodic, dance-able and wrought with romanticism. When I was a kid the only dance that mattered was the twist. Well, this is rock music you can twist to. Their many covers make me so happy. Even the break up songs. So here's a classic for you. Enjoy <3


Have a great weekend and an awesome manicure
jeebjeeb

1 comment:

  1. love these! Super unique.
    Have you thought of trying maisie over a yellow? I wonder what that would look like.
    And I always watch something while painting so I guess that's multitasking :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails