Pages

Saturday 11 May 2013

Nubar - My New Obsession with accent

Hey all,
Happy Saturday! What have you got going on? I stayed up late last night watching Law & Order: SVU and trying to crochet. I love SVU. It's one of my top 5 all time best tv shows. So many great guest stars and incredibly disturbed plot twists. But this morning I realize, I shouldn't watch it just before bed. I dreamt that I was trying to convince a woman to press charges against her rapist. Pretty intense. And then I wake up kind of stunned, trying to piece it all together. I often have dark and complex dreams. My albatross.

So I finally decided to break out My New Obsession from Nubar's My Sweet Escape collection.
I had previously used it in this saran manicure and was left anxious to see it on its own.


To jazz things up I did a jelly sandwich accent
with Models Own - Dancing Queen & then Zoya - Frida
Frida toned down the glitter just a bit, giving it the perfect tint to match the blue.


Dancing Queen is chalk full of blue, green and gold hexes, holographic diamonds
and random shaped blue iridescent glitter.
Super interesting and fun, this baby was a gift from Dagadelic <3


I really like this shade of blue. Vibrant and bold.
The only way I can think to define it would be "hot blue", blue's equivalent to hot pink.
The formula was great, a little on the thin side but still easy to work with.
This is a very juicy creme. I liked it so much I bought 2 more from this collection. :)
Hopefully I'll have some fun art with them coming up soon.


I hope everyone has a good Mother's Day tomorrow. 
Have a great weekend and an awesome manicure!
jeebjeeb

5 comments:

  1. Great color and I love your accent nail :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. Nubar certainly outdid themselves with this one.

      Delete
  2. "Hot blue" - love that description. I really like that you kept it simple and let that awesome blue have the moment it deserves. (& of course I'm quite pleased that you liked my gift :D )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! & the dream thing - You'd make such an interesting detective. You must have pondered that dream all day.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you like hot blue.(lucas did too) I was wondering if I was just being a weirdo because I've never thought that about a blue before. We'll have to use the term more often :)

      I had to watch more SVU to get that dream out of my system. I don't know if I could be a good detective. Maybe a profiler? I'd want to be behind the scenes. Watching at the interrogations.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails