Pages

Saturday 20 July 2013

Show & Shine

Hey all,
How was your week? And how's your weekend going?
I've been neglecting my blog again -_- I'm a week behind! dammit.
I'm most happiest when my posts are current. Once it starts to pile up it feels like work.
But then again, posting as often as I change my manicure also feels like a chore.
I'll have to decide on some happy medium.

Last weekend Dagadelic and I ventured out to a fabulous Show & Shine vintage car show.
So many amazing cars and such great art inspiration!
This show has a special place in my heart because it marks the one year anniversary of my decent into nail art madness.
Last year I came back from a week of vacation determined to start mixing up my plain vanilla manicures.
The first thing I did was try my hand at a gradient. And the rest is history...

I wanted to celebrate that manicure, with a little something extra on top. :)


As soon as I started the splatter I fell in love. It all came together so perfectly.
It is amped up colour fantastic. Over the top summer.


The whole time I was creating this, all I could think was
"this looks like my childhood!"
Does anyone else born in and around 1986 agree?


I love all the really fine splatter I was able to create. 
I didn't want to overpower the gradient.


I used Nubar - Resort Yellow & Essie - Off the Shoulder to create the gradient
And splattered with Nubar - Pyramid Purple & Into the Wild


On the Turntable...

Since the B-52's concert I've been listening to a lot of... B-52's. (They were that good.)
And it turns out I do have one of their albums on vinyl.


Bouncing off the Satellites
 I've listened to it twice. :S Truth is, it's my least favourite album. 
The others are great. I urge you to check out Wild Planet or Whammy, both lesser known goldmines.
Turns out, shortly after finishing this album Ricky Wilson (guitarist and brother to Cindy) died of health complications due to AIDS.
Pretty tragic stuff for such a happy band.
This is Cindy's solo song Girl from Ipanema Goes to Greenland
Makes me sad seeing only 4 of them bopping around in the music video.
Enjoy.


Took my brother out to see Grown Ups 2 today. 
It was a lot of fun. We laughed like crazy, I definitely recommend it.  
Then we walked all the way home, it was such a gorgeous day. 
Tomorrow I hope to lay low. Stay home and work on art and secret birthday plans. Muahaha!
What are you up to?

Have a great weekend and an awesome manicure!
jeebjeeb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails