Pages

Saturday 10 August 2013

The Dangers of Drinking - Barry M Gradient

Hey all,
This time I have two hidden gems for you.
Barry M - Grapefruit & Plum
I have been lusting after these polishes for a long time.
Too many amazing bloggers have done incredible manicures with Barry M's Gelly polishes.
Once I realized I could get them at Ninja Polish, it was only a matter of time.

I find their bottles incredibly aesthetically pleasing 
I knew I had to do a gradient with them right away. 
And I just purchased my first bottle of Konad special stamping polish.
So this is what happened...


My concept for this manicure is The Dangers of Drinking
Skulls accented by a shot of tequila, salt and a lime
Inspired by a recent hangover, and the plain truth.


Do you think the theme works?
The Barry M's were a delight to work with. Super opaque and vivid.
Great for gradients. I must add to my collection :)


I added a generous layer of Northern Lights Holographic Topcoat
Which never requires any justification at all.<3


I don't know about you, but the bottles really do it for me. 
The lines, the minimalism. My god. Perfection.

On the Turntable...

Today I have Nine Nine Nine - The Biggest Prize in Sports
If you look in my grade 6 year book you'll find 999 listed as one of my favourite bands.
And this album in particular was always my favourite.
I used to listen to it over and over again on my Walkman tape player.
I recorded the tape from this album. Then later I bought the cd.
Now it's on my ipod. Any format you want, I got it!
Oddly enough, this is the only album I can say that about.
I never realized how much I loved it.


Unfortunately I couldn't find any live performances of songs from this album. (dammit youtube!) So this will have to do.
Listening to this made me realize where my early love of the bass came from. 
Enjoy!


The clouds have come rolling in but it's still so lovely outside. I'm going to stay in and take it easy.
Giant blister on the bottom of my foot popped yesterday :P
I've been walking funny. And unfortunately I walk a lot.
Have a great weekend and an awesome manicure!
jeebjeeb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails