Pages

Saturday 28 September 2013

Dipping my Toe into Water Marble

Hey all,
I'm going to be having a bit of a busy week next week, so I thought I'd get another post out today :)
And I have a feeling that if I read or crochet I'll fall asleep, like Lucas on the couch.
So here I am again! 

You may notice I don't water marble often. It's been a love hate technique for me.
What started out easily more often became a frustrating mess.
But! All that may change.
I was reading ErinZi's Nails water marble tutorial and learned an ingenious and simple tip! 
Do your water marble in a shot glass!
Why have I never thought of this?? Absolutely brilliant!!
I had to test it out right away.

the two fingers on the left are my favourites :)


And I have to say, it worked perfectly! Although, working in such a small space requires patience.
 You will notice I dinged a few of my tips on the glass. Even so, I'm very pleased.
The polish nicely filled the circumference of the glass, and didn't dry out quickly, allowing for easy manipulation. 

This hand reminds me of sedimentary rock.
If you have trouble with marbles I 100% recommend trying out a shot glass.
 It makes me feel like an amazing water marble is once again achievable! :D
You can bet on seeing many more in the future. This was just a test.




I painted a base of Zoya - Purity, then marbled with China Glaze - Solar Power
Sally Hansen - Lickety-Split Lime & Grape Going!
Lucas actually picked out the colours for me, and I think he did a great job.

But right now he's sleeping on the couch.
And the cat is snoring on the chair.
And I'm wide awake.
6:17pm on a Saturday. -_-
Party time. Excellent.

Well for those of you who are awake, here's a clip for you.
From one of my favourite movies, The Big Lebowski.
A co-worker and I watched this a few days ago and laughed our asses off.
John Goodman is so amazing.


"This isn't Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Have a great night and an awesome weekend!
jeebjeeb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails