Pages

Monday 9 September 2013

Vacation 3-for-1

 Hey all,
I'm back from vacation!
I got some much needed r & r in the country.
Swimming in the lake was the best part. I'm a water baby, but lakes are my favourite.
We made lots of yummy food and watched fun movies. I crochted like crazy.
And I managed to finish the book I started the day we arrived!
So satisfying. The book was a pretty meh Stephen King, but overall a fun read.

I went away with Dagadelic, so you know manicures were afoot.
Deciding which polishes to bring was a bit painstaking, but I managed to narrow it down to 7.
And wouldn't you know it, used them all! So pleased.

First up
Pretty & Polished - Tomboyish & Zoya - Purity


Tomboyish is a colour changing polish. I used it once before in this manicure.
It was so warm out I was unable to capture it in it's cold state. But you can see the difference from the bottle.
I love this polish either way. In the lake, however, I had an awesome gradient going.
Just the thing to space out on while drifting away.


Next up, I brought a few of my most summery shades.
piCture pOlish - Citrus
The Nail Junkie - Watermelon 
 Zoya - Reagan


I used citrus as a base and then sponged with all three
for the ultimate summer gradient...


I was so happy with this one. It's the gradient I've been dreaming of for weeks. Sunsets and popsicles.
Just a hint of Watermelon's shimmer running throughout. I wont soon forget this one.


Last but not least I have 
Enchanted Polish - Congratulations & Nubar - Resort Yellow


I LOVE this yellow. I have found my perfect shade.
Not too golden. Not too neon. Juuust right.


And Congratulations? Well I think "holy crap" is the best way to describe it.


This disco fantastic manicure knocked my socks off.
Resort Yellow took 3 coats, but look at how perfect it is!


I'd have to say this one is my favourite of the three. What about you?

I'm back to work tomorrow. Trying not to think about it.
At least I know I'll have nail mail to look forward to ;)
Have a great night and an awesome manicure
jeebjeeb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails