Pages

Sunday 10 November 2013

Jesus is Just Alright With Me

Hey all,
Yesterday was a strange day for me.
The first family gathering since my grandmother's memorial.
The conclusion of which was my acceptance of her ashes.

It's like some crappy coming of age moment.
Trying to come to terms with a 2.5 lb plastic canister that used to be so much more.
But it is better to have loved and lost.
I'm glad I'm experiencing all these thoughts and feelings.
It meant I felt. A great deal.

I wanted to do something my Nana would really like.
She was a good Christian woman, so only Jesus would do.


I was going for a Jesus meets Barbie theme. Barry M - Grapefruit was exactly the pink I needed.
The flowers remind me of sheets Nana had, which I didn't even realize till a day after painting.



All the stamping is done with Konad polish. I used MoYou Artist Plate 12 & BM224.
For that extra dose of wonder I added Northern Lights Topcoat.



I love how this manicure turned out.
I am not a practising Christian, there's definitely an element of humour to this.
But I absolutely mean no disrespect in any way.
I just want to send my Nana a message from beyond the grave.
I love you.

I've been playing this song the last few days. 
Even got it stuck in Lucas' head ヽ(^。^)ノ
So for your listening pleasure, I bring you, The Doobie Brothers


I hope everyone has a good Remembrance Day tomorrow.
I will be pondering life's big questions.
Take it easy.
jeebjeeb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails