Pages

Friday 20 December 2013

the weather outside is frightful

We have reached the darkest of days. And I yearn to hibernate.
Once it gets close to nine in the evening I'm much too out of it to do anything. 
Crochet puts me to sleep. German? Forget about it.
Feels like lost time.
But I always try to look on the bright side.
In a week it will all be in reversal. 
This moment is fleeting.


I finally tried out my first half moon manicure after being inspired by the mercurial magpie.
 One word of caution though, don't use the plastic binder reinforcements, pain in the ass!
That's what I get for pinching work supplies (;一_一) 
It all worked out so wonderfully in the end though.
Essie - Gold as Gold & OPI - Incognito in Sausalito 

----

This mani I actually named - Snowfall at Twilight


Nail Pattern Boldness - Texas Tea is AMAZING!! 
This is only TWO coats of a glitter sensation. There is zero pigment in the base. Mind blown.
The colours remind me of Christmas lights, and the iridescent blue flakies lend the perfect glow.
Completely and utterly in love. 


I stamped with Bundle Monster & A-England Excalibur.
I think snowflakes have to be my favourite Christmasy theme. 
I'm not a big Christmas person. Every year that goes by it feels less and less special.
What I wouldn't do just to be able to sleep until the new year.

Ipsy December Glam Bag

I recently signed up with Ipsy , a monthly make up subscription box. 
For $15 ($10 in the US) you get 5 items picked out for you in a cute little bag. 
I didn't exactly know what to expect, but I'm impressed.
Now I'm not a beauty blogger, nor do I aspire to be, so I just have a couple photos and that's it.


In my bag...

Nicka K New York - Ripe Apple
Pop Bauty - Brighten Up Your Life (ha!) Eye Shadow Trio in Naturally Bare
Be A Bombshell - The One Stick in Girl Crush
Nxy - Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in B52
Demeter - Perfume Oil Roll On in Snow


Well I love the eye shadow that will brighten up my life. 
Still waiting for that, but the copper tones look great with my green eyes. Score!
The One Stick I will NEVER use on my lips, since it's frosted bright pink. 
However it's a very natural blush on my fair face. Score!
The lipstick is nice and subtle, creamy understated sophistication. Hat trick!
The roll on oil in Snow wasn't my thing at first. But after wearing it for a few hours it really grew on me.
The oil is such a wonderful, mellow scent experience, I like it a lot. 
In fact... I've already ordered another one of their scents. Major score!

And the Nicka K Nail Polish? (Have you ever heard of them before??)
Well here's a swatch for you. 


Perfect shade for the holidays!
I did another snowy-ish stamp job with it and some Northern Lights Topcoat.


I must have tempted fate because a day after painting this it snowed.
And it doesn't do that all the time here. I'm loving it, it's so beautiful.
But soon enough it will all be slushy disgusting. Yay. (._.)
Puddle jumping my way to my Saturday overtime.
What fun.

jeebjeeb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails