Pages

Saturday 4 January 2014

#101

Hey all,
It's a bright and beautiful first weekend of the year!
I'm so glad the holidays are over. And not just in a bah humbug way.
The world winds down to a complete stop. I feel it in my soul.
I'm tired of feeling tired. I'm sick of the desire to hibernate.
But the change is finally here. I can feel it.
Everyday I'm a little more awake and alive.
Everyday gets just a little bit brighter.

I hope you had a good New Years Eve.
I spent the night with my dad, no big partying over here.
And I caught a cold that day, so I'm extra glad I didn't do anything.
Just played some games and watched a movie while sneezing like crazy.(・へ・)

I don't believe in new years resolutions, but I have one this year.
I'm going to give up alcohol for 3 months.
I don't have a problem with it, never had. But I am very conflicted by it. 
Don't get me wrong, I love to go out for a cocktail. It's the perfect social outing.
I love the intimate nature of it. Nothing between you but words and beverages.
But, can't the same be said for tea...?
I have half a bottle of Gin in my freezer, so this is the ultimate test.
Sometimes it's good to restrict yourself.

Here are my last two manicures of 2013

Esmaltes da Kelly - Giovanna with A-England - Encore Margot 


Giovana was one of my birthday polishes from Dagadelic <3 now I have two babies with my almost namesake.
This Gio is a beautiful sky blue with tiny purple hexes and pink particles.
Super cute. Paired with Encore Margot, it's pretty dreamy.
_ _

Contrary Polish - River Market


This was love at first swatch for me. I knew I had to have her.
Dark purple base full of smouldering red shimmer. 
My photos do not do justice. I'm going to work on that.


I was planning to bling out more for new years, but then decided against it.
This polish is like the after glow of a fireworks display.
Understated, just like my evening.
_ _

First Manicure of 2014
But first I have some news.
My last post was my 100th post. And tomorrow is my one year blogiversary!
(●^o^●)
I have a fun little something coming up very soon, so stay tuned!
Now on to how I started my year
A-England - Her Rose Adagio


Stamped with Konad - Black using MoYou - Sailor Plate 05
I recently heard talk that this stamper was far superior to what I had been using.
And the talk was right! The stamper is so crazy squishy, my super curved nails are no match.
It's literally a whole new world, it even made me want to sing that song.
Oh right, and Her Rose Adagio is gorgeous!

Well I hope you're having a great start to your year.
I'm feeling hopeful.
jeebjeeb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails