Pages

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Conquering the Sugar Spun

Hey all,
 My friend Shade recently told me "I bought a polish for you. It's so ugly!"
And I'm like "bring it bitch! I'll make it work!"
Or at least make a manicure ugly enough to warrant a laugh.
To my surprise he gave me Essie - Lovey Dovie
Not nearly as ugly as expected. A medium pink crème. Sweet!
To his disappointment I can actually do a lot with it.
Better luck next time!
 
After seeing Tunay Na Mahal's Sugar Spun looks (so awsome!) I had the urge to try the technique again.
I hated it the first time but I had a feeling that this time would be different.
This time I would use a nail artists best friend! Sally Hansen Insta-Dr!
And wouldn't you know, it worked out.
 

I used Lightening & Lickety-Split Lime for my candy coated confection.
 I'm so happy with it and it was a lot of fun.
Patience is the biggest factor.
 
 

 What do you think of sugar spun? Have you tried it before?
 
Oh man, I came down with a cold last night and now I'm getting more congested by the minute.
Time for some myrtle tea and crochet. Need to zonk out.
Have a good night!
jeebjeeb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails