Pages

Thursday 5 June 2014

A Broken Beam Of Light

Hey all,
Saturday is my best friend's birthday.
Well... I don't really like the phrase best friend.
Especially not for him, he transcends cliches. 
The best way to put it is, I consider him to be a soul mate.
  Our relationship is just as complex and intense as any "romantic" relationship.
We've experienced moments of complete unity.
But we've also hurt each other on purpose.
We've "broken up" multiple times.
Since we were 15 years old, we've loved, loathed and laughed at each other.
And I feel so lucky.
To find this other weirdo so like and unlike me at the same time.
This hilarious bird boy, all knees and elbows, bending over backwards to make me laugh.
And boy does he make me laugh.
The laughter inspires. He's my muse. My own Greek Godess.
He makes me want to be as weird as I actually am. 
To exploit the *dirt* of life.

So I thought today I would share with you someone 
who has inspired so much of who I am, and who I will become.
This is Shade.
He's an actor, model, photographer and muse to many.
That may sound pretentious, but he's not.
He's the most genuine person you will ever meet.
Here's a 3 min documentary some film students did on him recently.
They did a great job. I just watch it and smile.


And here's an ad he just did for Anxiety BC.
He made Cool Guy #3 shine! I think... (Watch the eyes, classic)


I hope you enjoyed those little tidbits.
We'll be having a sleepover on Saturday, which I always love.
His house is like the Tickle Trunk or Pee-Wee's Playhouse.
I feel like I can let go of the outside world and exist in our own reality full of tea and intensity.
I have a few surprises up my sleeve. I get to plan the whole day!
But shh! Because it's all secret. :) 
(Love you dude, see you on Saturday!)

On to today's manicure...


A half moon with Model City Polish - Nemesis and Zoya - Bridgette 


Nemesis is described as "green grey metallic blend with holographic pigment and red flecks" 
It's such an interesting, hard to describe colour. Not bronze, not khaki, somewhere in between?
The best term would be - unique. Just try nailing it down, I dare you!


The men in my life were not impressed with this colour combo. I blame Bridgette. 
What do you think? Nemesis totally steals the show but... it's not a bad combo, is it?
Bah, I don't even care! What's done is done! And just look at that holo twinkle. ^_^ LOVE!


Alright folks, that's all today.
I have last minute birthday things to attend to. 
More damn ends to weave into Shade's technicolor wonder cape.
And, you know, sacrificing animals to the weather gods so it's beautiful on the weekend.
Have a good one!
jeebjeeb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails