Pages

Monday 21 July 2014

Indigo Bananas - Acid Ocean

Hey all,
 I'm getting pretty excited and anxious over here.
On Friday night I'm leaving for a holiday with Lucas & my Dad.
We're going up to a giant lake and will stay in a houseboat for a week!
Who needs lakefront when you can be right on the lake?
It was my Dad's idea, and it'll be the first vacation we've taken together since 2005!
Which is pretty crazy.
Dad & I used to go camping every year. 
I had the most fun as a child when starting camp fires, hunting down sticks for marshmellows,
 tearing through campsites on my bike, and scarfing down beans and hot dogs in my plaid flannel jacket.
That was the good life.
Then growing up and bullshit got in the way.
9 years later... I want some of that magic back.
Break out the propane lantern (still works perfectly!)
load up on the sunscreen, bug spray and air mattresses, and bring it on!
It's a jeebjeeb summer revival!

Indigo Bananas - Acid Ocean


Acid Ocean is a deep blue/green base full of aqua and green colour shifting flakies (love!)
and bronze to green shifting shimmer! Yep, flakies and shimmer, what's not to love?


As per usual with Indigo Bananas, the formula is exquisite! This is two coats.
It applied like a dream and despite the jelly look of this polish, there is no visible nail line.


I don't know what I love more, the shimmer or the flakies. Together they work such wonderful magic.

After seeing how beautiful The Mercurial Magpie's swatches were in matte,
I had to bust out my trusty matte topcoat for this one.
(Poor thing is about 2 years old, I think this will be it's last mani, time for it to see greener pastures )


And viola! Matte perfection! I fricken love it!
Look at how wonderfully the flakies pop. Mmmmm... Colour shifting goodness...
What do you prefer, shiny or matte?


I stamped with MoYou London Fairytale Plate 06 using Essie - Good As Gold
I'm so into the jellyfish, it's not even funny.
And on my thumb, I have the face of a mermaid! If only I could fit her on my other nails...


I'll be spending the rest of the week deciding what to bring with me.
No nail polish. No computer. And maybe no crochet. 
(I think I just heard all of you collectively gasp)
What the hell am I going to do?
Friendship bracelets!! The best summer activity around!
That is, until you screw something up and have to undo your knots (._.)
Course, I have a lot of practise at that now :P
I'm a huge success at failing. But apparently it's the only way I learn.
And I'm quite learned ;)
Have a good one!
jeebjeeb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails